The Bradmill Precinct is located within the suburb of Yarraville, approximately 8km west of Melbourne’s CBD. Bradmill is approximately 25.9 hectares in size and is considered one of Melbourne’s most important strategic redevelopment sites.
Tract has enjoyed a long-term association with the Bradmill Precinct and continues to provide assistance to De Group on current planning permit applications.
Our initial role in the project was to develop a strategic case for the residential and commercial rezoning of the site. The planning scheme amendment process that followed resulted in the rezoning of the site being gazetted in 2011 which paved the way for Tract to prepare the subsequent Development Plan.
The Development Plan for the precinct was approved in late 2012 and sets a framework for the following future use and development of the site:
- A new Neighbourhood Activity Centre containing a full-line supermarket, specialty retail outlets, cafes, a library, medical centre and other facilities.
- Approximately 1300-1500 new dwellings.
- Conventional and medium density (2-4 storey) residential development.
- Higher density (2-6 storeys) residential development around the Neighbourhood Activity Centre and along the McIvor Road interface.
- Adaptive reuse of existing heritage buildings for residential warehouse conversion.
- Retention of the iconic boiler house to accommodate commercial/ recreation uses.
- Central open space corridor to provide a link to McIvor Reserve.
- Improvements to Francis Street through the addition of a central median and landscaping treatments.