Tract undertook the landscape architecture and site planning and design for this 750 dwelling residential subdivision (44 hectares) on the former Lidcombe Hospital site. The development has become a new suburb with its own recreational spaces for the community. Tracts work includes design & documentation of the streetscape, public open spaces, storm water management and private landscape areas.
The project involved management and coordination of a multitude of issues including ESD, heritage landscape matters, urban design, architecture, significant tree assessment and other environmental considerations. The challenge of this development was to deliver a product to the client that is both viable and of a high quality.
The scope of Tract’s services over a period of six years has included:
- Masterplan development for bid design with Australand (Government property disposal)
- Development of DCP for site in close consultation with Council
- Stage 1 Development Application for master plan and public domain
- Reporting and evidence for major Land and Environment Court proceedings
- Stage 2 Development Applications for residential allotments (10 superlots in Stage One comprising of 200 dwellings)
- Concept design, design development and documentation of hard and soft landscape for public domain works
- Contract administration for public domain works
- Stage 3 and 4 development applications and ongoing design of future precincts, to 2012